Teams and Team Building
12-hour Course Brochure
Moving from the traditional management structure to teams can create stress and confusion for team members. The success of your teams is directly linked to the team building skills of your team members the direction they get from leadership. The good news is that every team can turn stress into focused energy by taking an organized approach toward building a strong team. This course provides team leaders with a set of structured activities and strategies that enables them to more effectively and efficiently accomplish their team's goals and objectives.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for all personnel operating in a team environment or on a team project or problem solving activity.
Participants will learn how to:
• Identify the common pitfalls and problems of team development
• Identify the systems and organizational causes of many team problems
• Accelerate the rate at which the team and its members acquire the skill and motivation to achieve their objectives and goal
• Minimize conflicts among the members of the team
• Develop the solid support of stakeholders outside of the team
• Develop the leadership capability needed for other team-oriented activities
• Create a powerful "team vision"
• Develop ownership of their team vision
• Understand the characteristics of effective teams
• Build an empowered, high-performance team
• Diagnose the stages of team development and how to effectively move through each stage
• Identify the common problems with teams: organizational systems, risky shifts and Abilene Paradox
• Identify the opportunities and obstacles for team building within their teams
• Construct a "Team Action Plan" to maximize team performance, interaction, involvement, and ownership