Governance of Portfolios, Programs and Projects
18-hour course brochure
The purpose of this course is to present an integrated approach to the governance of projects, programs and portfolios. It aims to demonstrate how the logic behind concepts such as ownership and accountability can be used to ensure a consistent approach to governance across an organization. It explains how to establish an effective governance framework for a project or a program. It also addresses portfolio governance and the integration of governance at all levels in the organisation.
Awarenes of project management, program management and portfolio management.
Who Should Attend?
This course will benefit the following:
• Executives accountable for project and program outcomes, including Project Owners/Executives
• Project and Program Managers
• PMO practitioners, including portfolio, program and project office staff
• To develop a governance framework for their own organisation's project
• The definition of project governance
• Business as Usual versus Change
• The principle of accountability
• Identifying the accountable person
• Empowering the Project Owner
• Initiating a project
• Key governance roles
• Stakeholder management
• Determining decision rights
• Supporting decision makers with assurance
• Enterprise governance
• Addressing common governance issues